Choose Commercial Blinds
Offices, buildings, and institutions normally have many large windows that require blinds or curtains. Depending on the area you’re furnishing you have to take note of the sort of work, clientele, and patrons that will frequent the business to be able to determine the type and design of window treatment that could best meet your requirements.
For example, an advanced education or health institution might like to consider anti-microbial shades and drapes with flame retardant therapies. If your business houses expensive products you might like to investigate options that can help increase your current building or company security. If you house meeting rooms having large windows you ought to go for something designed to keep out harmful UV rays and also assist with regulating temperatures such as Roman commercial blinds.
When taking a look at coverings, remember that everything you purchase can also assist with your building’s or even office’s overall power efficiency. Blinds and drapes will help reduce electricity fees by controlling how much light enters a room or heat leaves the space. One option you might like to consider is motor-driven commercial blinds. These treatments can be pre-programmed to start and close at set hours, helping to regulate temperature while removing one item (closing and opening blinds) from your to-do list.
Assessing your business needs and clientele is a good starting point when contemplating window treatment selections. Once you learn your requirements, you will want to address your commercial blinds budget. A qualified consultant can help you find the right blinds that will perfectly fit your needs and price point.
How to clean your blinds
- Monthly: Dust using the dust-brush tool on the vacuum (set on low suction).
- Annually: have the blinds dry-cleaned.
Fabric up and down commercial blinds
- Monthly: Close blinds so they lie smooth. Dust with the dust-brush tool on the vacuum (set on low suction). To spot clean, lay the blinds on a flat surface. Blot any stains with a sponge dampened with mild dishwashing liquid and tepid water. Treat major stains with a commercial upholstery product (test with a hidden spot initially).
- Annually: Have a specialist clean your blinds using a dry ultrasonic method
- Monthly: Dust with a feather duster or the dust-brush tool from the vacuum. Spot clean with a white cloth dampened with tepid water and slight dishwashing detergent. Blot lightly; do not rub vigorously.
- Annually: Have a specialist clean your blinds using the injection/extraction process.
Metal and plastic venetian and vertical blinds
- Monthly: Close blinds so they lie smooth. Moving from top to bottom, dust with a feather duster, lamb’s-wool duster, barely damp smooth cloth, or your dust-brush tool on the vacuum (set on low suction). Close them within the opposite direction and do the same thing on the other side.
- Twice a year: Wipe just about every slat individually with a damp cloth and washing up liquid. Never use abrasive cleaners, which will damage the finish. The slats connected with vertical blinds may be taken down several at a time and set flat to make wiping less complicated.