Double Glazing Windows
The cost of installing these kinds of windows is initially very high. However, it must not discourage you from installing it. This is because:
- Traditional windows do not save so much energy. On the contrary, double glazed windows will cut your energy bills.
- It is helpful during summers as well as winters. In summer, it does not let heat enter the house. During winter, it prevents the loss of heat.
- If you are living in a busy street, then double glazed windows will block the noise from entering your house. Hence, for a quiet home, you can certainly go for through this option.
- You need not have any inhibition before installing windows of this kind when renovating your house. They are available in a range of styles to suit your house type.
- If compared to a traditional window, then it’s a proven fact that double glazing is the one which offers more security.
Some Scientific Facts on Double Glazing at a Glance:
- These windows have the gas argon between the two panes. This acts as an effective and better insulator.
- Argon has higher density hence, it acts as a far better buffer than what we consider air as.
- The scope for condensation is less and hence, it usually enhances insulation.
- The UV coating helps in giving protection against sun damage and also prevents floors, furniture, rugs from fading.
- To suit the different climates and function so, manufacturers use a metallic layer in the glass which is Low-E-Glass.
Using Double Glazed Windows with Blinds
Blinds gather dust very easily. Using a glazed window will act as some vacuum-cleaner and so no dust will amass. Even some manufacturers suggest that blinds within glazing helps to improve the electricity efficiency due to their insulating properties. In this regard, it is mandatory to note that you must opt for in-built shades as they are long-lasting and saves a lot of money. You can also look for glass splash backs as you can clean it easily. It is very much suited for kitchens. They are available in different sizes and shapes in the market. It’s reflective properties create a warm and compact ambience.