Pros and Cons of LED Lights
LED Lights – Pros
- LEDs use 90% less energy than traditional bulbs and as such are the most efficient. As a result LEDs can sometimes pay for themselves relatively quickly through energy savings.
- They last a long long time. Depending on which ones you buy and how frequently you use them, they can even last 25-30 years.
- They brighten almost immediately when you flick the light switch.
- They are less of a fire hazard because they have lower radiated heat.
- The light bulb is durable and more resistant to shock and vibration.
- New technologies are giving users an element of creativity – they can be easily programmed to do fun stuff.
- No UV rays
LED Lights – Cons
- This market is currently self-regulated and as such their quality can be inconsistent.
- Brighter LEDs are becoming increasingly available, however it can still be difficult to find those with higher wattages.
- They can produce a cooler bluish light which isn’t very attractive. The best LEDs, however, should be indistinguishable from your old bulbs and will produce a nice warm light.
- It is often more complicated to add a dimmer switch to LED lights than regular bulbs.
LED lights are increasingly becoming the norm. Important recent developments have reduced their cost and made it a lot easier to operate and install. Lighting is a very important consideration in any interior design as it has been shown to affect the way people live, work, and feel. Also as environmental concerns come to the forefront of societal thinking, reducing the burden on our planet’s resources through LED lights may not only become commonplace but also be enforced with legislation.