Reasons To Install Granite Flooring
- Elegant Appearance: One of the most beneficial features of this natural stone is its chic and sophisticated appearance. It can enhance the appearance of the entire home or office space.
- Variety: Granite flooring is available in a huge variety of patterns and colors. As it is a natural stone, every pattern is unique and distinctive. It is possible to enhance the appearance of the floors by combining different styles and colors of tiles.
- Durability: One of the most important feature and benefit of using these floor tiles is its durability. It is known to be one of the hardest natural stones next to diamond. It is tensile enough to withstand all sorts of damages. The floorings remains intact even when heavy objects are dropped on it. It seldom retains any stains when coffee, juice or any other drinks are spilled on it. It can also be used in areas with high traffic as it causes no wear and tear or damages.
- Low Maintenance: As this natural stone is durable and strong, it hardly requires any maintenance. The appearance of these floors can be maintained by sweeping it regularly with a wet mop. The color and the glossiness of the floor surface can be maintained by applying a sealant on a periodic basis.
- Safe and Non Allergic: This type of flooring is completely safe for people with allergies as it hardly retains any dirt or dust. It is also resistant to bacteria which make it one of the safest floorings for home and office spaces. Moreover, there are non-slippery floor surfaces which can be used to prevent the risk of falling.
- Versatile: As there are a huge collection of floorings made available through various online stores, it is possible to use these floor tiles in different areas in homes and offices. It can also be used in hospitals, ticket counters, platforms and other areas as it is safe and hygienic.
- Affordable: Granite flooring is comparatively affordable as it is available on most of the online stores at reasonable price rates. There are many stores which offer high quality products at affordable prices. Although the prices may be higher than the other flooring products, it tends to last for an entire lifetime, if it is maintained properly.
Although this natural stone is ingrained with a large number of beneficial features, it is important to know that it is quite difficult to install the tile on uneven surfaces. Installation of these floor tiles require professional assistance as it can be cut only with the right type of tools and accessories.