During the summer months we clean because the kids (young and old alike) are constantly tracking dirt, mud, grass, and goodness knows what else into the house. Cleaning in these days is a chore and yet we still manage to bring out the patriotic colors and celebrate America in style. Goodness knows how with all the extra cleaning that is going on and the nearly double amounts of lemonade and iced tea being consumed daily. Still we manage to decorate and take great joy in doing so as if some right of passage has been achieved by our home decorating efforts.
Spring is the one time of year in which our cleaning efforts are nothing short of inspired. Yet it is also the spring that often eludes us when it comes to inspiration for decoration. Perhaps we are too tired from all our cleaning efforts to seek the inspiration to decorate. If this is the case with you, then my hope is that some of the ideas mentioned below will help bring some serious decoration inspiration your way.
- Flowers – spring is the time of flowers. They are all around us. Use fresh cut flowers and candles to create beautiful arrangements and centerpieces throughout your home.
- Candles – while briefly mentioned above they deserve their own spot among the top to say the least. Candles can be soothing, relaxing, invigorating, inspiring, beautiful, elegant, and simply smell good.
- Towels – Yes, I said towels in your kitchen and your bathroom. You need bright, bold colors that signify spring, birth, and renewal.
- Fragrance – while most people do not realize that the fragrances we use in our homes is a type of decoration. It makes our noses happy. Put out bowls filled with brightly colored and lightly scented fragrance balls, dried fruit, and other delights.
- Pillows – they are a very inexpensive way to give new life to your sofa, chair, or room. Don’t shy away from bright and bold colors or patterns.
- Accessories – take out the old and replace with a few new ones. They have so many out on the market.